Thursday 20 February 2014

Its done!

(Borrowed from Google Images)

I have seen Oh so many lovely blogs and joined a few too!  I love looking around other peoples blogs, so many ideas and inspirational things...  

It was actually whilst looking around Blue Ribbon Designs blog that I thought everything looked so lovely and that blog inspired me to try something new!  And also Stitchers Anon Cross Stitch Designs I love the Easter Blessings design finish its beautiful.

I love learning new techniques and really want to try something new so was directed by a fellow stitcher to The Twisted Stitcher blog for some ideas... OH MY!! Great ideas and a tutorial on how to achieve the same things!  Hmmm I doubt mine will come out anything like what is being shown! ha ha But I will have a go :)

Here is the blog and what I intent to try... (hope they dont mind me sharing this?)

Instructions here from a blog I was looking at... from Learn To Finish With Twisted Stitcher.

I am going to try this new technique (sorry I have no clue what its name is!) on the project I have just finished.  Which was in one of my really old magazines, pages 28 - 31 designed by Lesley Teare.

Cross Stitch Crazy from my collection, issue 83 March 2006



Here is where I started...



Then some border...



Then finished it, in 2 days stitching time...



Some closer bits...






I did change a few of the colors, I go with what I feel at the time!  I like the way it has turned out.... all I have to do now is experiment!!

I will post more of my 'experiment' once I have had a go!  And I will say how easy or difficult I found it too.  



Here is my finished look... I tried, not bad for a first attempt :)







Just hope my mum likes it now! :)



3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that will look great!! It's like a very thick pinkeep... I've never seen anything like this :) Well, can't wait to see your take on it, I'm sure it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful finish, your mum will love it, it comes with so much love in every stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually quite naughty as I gave this to my mum early.... see she was feeling under the weather and I wanted to cheer her up. I was taken back by her response to it... she cried! Oh floods actually!! I made a quick retreat to the bathroom, I know chicken! When I came back out she had stopped! And she said it was beautiful and the most loveliest thing I had ever given her. And so special as I made it... I am naturally over the moon she loves it and I made it for her to keep :) Now as I gave it to her early I am going to have to stitch something to give to her on the day!!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)