Sunday 20 April 2014

Sunday 20 th April 2014.... Easter Sunday ..

(Borrowed from Google Images)


Firstly Happy Easter Sunday everyone! 

I thought I would be creative today so I went over to my parents house to use my sewing machine.  I have to go over there as she has a dining room and a table!  I dont  have the space to have a dining table :(

So yes went over my parents home... they are not there!  They have gone off in their caravan to visit my brother and his family... Ipswich area.  Han is staying at my parent house... cat sitting!  And then when they return on Tuesday she will stay a little longer, to spend time with them. Nice!  So my home will be quiet a little longer!

Ok so like I say I went to be creative....

That creativity started last night, I knew I was going to go to my parents and needed something to put my pins and other little bits in so I made something!...

Outside...

Inside left...

Inside right...

Inside..


The front..

Its only for my use.. sure its not perfect.. I like to think of it more as quirky!  I had fun making it and its a very useful practical thing for me to have!

That is what I made last night and that got me thinking and wanting to make something else...

Ready to start...

The first thing I made was again something practical and useful... see I have all odd bits of ribbon and lace and had no where to put them all..

This cross stitch was an Anchor mini stitch I did some time ago.. and wondered what to do with it!  Ah ha!! This was a good use for it!

So I made this..


A little bag with a ribbon pull cord to tie it.  I like it and it was fun to make too.


Next I thought I would be a little more adventurous and try to make some mug mats.. I looked at the tutorial and thought OK... I can do this!! Well try anyway! ha ha a


Here is what I did... 

Chose the fabric.. then cut triangles and squares out..


Sewed to opposite halves together..


Ha ha not like this though :(  Wrong way!!


Yes I did sew the wrong sides together... it was a huge learning curve as I then needed to pull all the stitches out and turn it the way it should of been! The pattern should of been inside not one side right and the other wrong! ha ah a  

After stitching the correct way I then turned it inside out and revealed the finished look!.. ran the iron over it and sealed the little gap I use to turn it.


Then stitched all the lines on to finish it.. OMG!! Straight lines are quite hard to do!


Here are the 4 I made...

Front...

Back...

I think considering that this is only the 3rd time on my sewing machine and without guidance and help I have done marvelously!  And I am really pleased with myself that I managed to change the thread and fill the underneath thread too (what ever that is called!)

I never thought it actually possible for me to use my sewing machine... I always thought it was too difficult.. but oh I should say I am quite slow!  I go at a snails pace but I guess the speed will come with more confidence?  

Enjoyed it and thinking maybe next time I go for a sewing session I may decided to make a bag! :) oooh!!

Goodness... not one Eastery thing yet!! soon change that!! 


I hope your all having a wonderful day :)

Smiles to you all :)

7 comments:

  1. Well done Jacqui, it's so wonderful to see your talents grow as I read your blog. the needlecase is beautiful and the little bag so useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Easter was grand. You have made lovely, sweet things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love your needlebook and have been wanting to make one. I have watched many tutorials on youtube and it is on my to do list for 2014 to be started after I finish my current project. I am very impressed with your sewing skills!! I can't believe you changed the bobbin without your Mums help! My sewing machine came with a DVD & a book, I suppose if I watched/read them I might be able to do it...Its just taking that first scary step. Well, job well done!! Enjoy you quite house and happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is so lovely! It's fun to master a new skill. You should feel really proud of yourself. Can't wait to see what you stitch next! Happy Easter to you and Han. A quiet house sounds like bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I love your little needlebook!!! The flower on the top is adorable & your little bag is great too.... You are now the Sewing Machine Queen :D Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)