Friday 12 December 2014

Oh Christmas Tree...


Hello wonderful friends...

Thought I would show you all firstly my parents Christmas tree then ours..

Every year my mum waits until the 12 December to put up the tree.. why I really dont know.. we are not religious and well I think its more of a habit now!

Over the years my mum has changed the colour of the baubles on the tree... oh you know, red and gold, blue and silver... multi-coloured... even themed ones!  Some sights I may tell you! ha ha ha 

This year .. well I made her a lovely tree decoration, remember this..

A lovely Prairie Schooler santa..



Ha ha my mum thinks its far too nice to put on her tree!! hmmm 

So here is my mums tree this year...


Its well rather large... I think its 8 ft .

Now onto our tree!

Well remember recently I showed you all the outside photo..


It does look rather large! lol

Well not sure if you all know but where we currently live is tiny!  Literally tiny.. and we could no way get a tree in, not in any shape or form... unfortunately.

So this year whilst in Ikea... yes Ikea!! Han and I saw the perfect solution!

Its a fabric tree!! ha ah ah


Its hung in our living room..

We are still deciding whether or not to hang lights or 'things' on it?  Maybe some light things?

It just looks so life like and its really good as now we dont feel so left out!  And yes a little festive :)

Funny I think .... I mean we are not doing anything traditional this year!

I dislike Christmas food... I dont eat meat so turkey is out!  And well its just a load of veg on a plate then!  So nothing special!  The desert... well I dislike Christmas cake, pudding and mince pies.  Its that dried fruit, I just dont like it.  So Christmas food is out!! ha ah a

We like to do things slightly different in our family... this year as other years we are all going out for Christmas eve dinner.  And as it happens Christmas eve is mine and Jon's anniversary.. we married in 2009 so  years now... lovely :)  As for the dinner we are all having... this year its a trip to an Indian restaurant... last year it was Chinese.. and we have done Mexican too! 

What ever you are and what ever you are all doing.. I wish you all a very merry Christmas :)

Thought I had better say it now in case I dont get a chance!


Now back to my stitching! :)

Smiles :)

xx

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea - a fabric tree! You ARE so creative and think outside the box.I love the ornament you made for your mum - and their tree is beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NEVER seen a tree such as yours! EXCELLENT! You got one in the door. I would definitely decorate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea for a smaller space or for those with critters that tend to play in the tree, only to topple it over! We're not too traditional with Christmas dinner in our house either. No turkey lovers here, our boys look forward to our little buffet table with hot and cold food, fruits & veggies, snacks of all sorts. It's a great alternative. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, Jacquie ")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That's awesome. There's still Christmas cookies if you want some Christmas food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And a very Merry Christmas back at you and your family!
    I wish you all the best for 2015 as well... xox
    HoHoHo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We meet for the 'big' Christmas dinner at my sister in laws place on Christmas Eve.....lunch this year, although they have a habit of forgetting the food and we eat at 4pm!!!! I have eaten everything in sight by then!! Lol!! Hubby's mother was German so tradition dictates Christmas Eve gathering. Christmas day we cook turkey and roast veg....bit silly in the hot weather although often it is cooler here that day. Then we are off to the beach.....left over cold turkey and salads....reading and sitting n the sun!
    Happy Christmas to you and your family Jacquie....all the best for 2015.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoiur stitched ornaments will look lovely on your special fabric tree, they don't weigh much so should be fine.
    Wishing you and Jon Happy Anniversary and many more too.
    Mums tress is quite a biggie! it looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fabric tree is fabulous! I've never even heard of one. Mums tree is beautiful as well!
    I love your Christmas eve tradition. And wishing you both a very Happy Anniversary. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom's tree is really like, so classic, it is always wonderful:-))
    Your tree is interesting, I wonder the fabric decorations:-))
    We have a traditional Christmas Eve - at home!
    Many eat, rather unhealthy:-))
    Something from our menu will give the blog:-))
    I wish you a Merry Christmas to prepare for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tree! What an amazing idea!
    Fabric ornies would be great, you could either pin them on with safety pins or sew them on so when you take it down at the end of the season it would be all ready for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is really clever!! Why now just put little fabric bows in it, they would be light enough??
    Wishing you both a wonderful wedding anniversary!! (a bit early but I won't be anywhere near a pc in the coming up 2 weeks)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fabric tree! You should definitely decorate it. Don't forget to let us see. Happy anniversary and merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely an awesome tree. I like Jo and Mii's ideas of little fabric things all over it! ... although this is a bit late. Keep it up until February. :D We aren't very traditional here either. We went to my mom's for sweet and sour pork over the weekend and then on Christmas, my husband and I had chicken sandwiches.

    And cookies. Lots of cookies. :D

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)