Sunday 27 March 2016

Happy as the Easter bunny.....

Yes!! I am feeling as happy as the Easter bunny!!

Thank you all so so much for popping in to see me during the Easter blog hop....a lot of you did a lot of hopping!!


Are you all wondering why??

For starters I am managing a larger variety of foods now...yipppppppeeee!! Still very small quantities, it's slightly better though :)

Jon came up with the idea of using the little bowls we have from IKEA, they are very small but perfect for me! I only just manage half the bowl full of food at the moment, it's progress!!

Some of my yummy meals....

White rice with marrow fat peas.



White rice with chopped tinned tomatoes, little black pepper.



Broccoli, carrot, courgette, green pepper and white rice.



I liked it so much I ate it again! Ha ha 


These bowls of good are not eaten in one day.... I can just manage about two of these bowls in one day.  My stomach is still quite bloated and eating small amounts of food seems to work with the water I drink too. But I was so happy, had to tell you all!! 

On the stitching front I have been fairly busy too....

As you all know I am stitching Miss Mary Ann Bournes 1791 from the design studios of Hands Across The Sea Samplers.  It's a stunning design and stitching it just makes me smile heaps.  I am a real believer in stitching what makes you feel happy...oh and this certainly does!

I starting stitching good Friday afternoon...






Today I was stitching and had to stop, my eyes and nose were running, seems I have a head cold :(

This made me chuckle!!

And this pretty much sums up how I feel!!


I am going to dose myself up with night nurse (and English medicine for all of the above and has an added drowsy effect) and hope I feel better tomorrow.  Nothing will stop me stitching! Even if I just manage a few stitches....nothing will stop me!! 


Oh yes!! Before I forget.... My sweet daughter told me off yesterday!! Ha ha well it was my fault! When I made the Easter blog hop post I showed you all her wonderful Easter drawings... I loved them, as did many of you! But naughty naughty me forgot to add the link to her Instagram page so you could all (if you wanted to!) pop in and see her other pictures :). I know she would be thrilled if you did.... So I had better show you the link!!



Until I pop in again, take care and keep  smiling :)
Xx

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful progress on Miss Mary Ann and thank you for the chuckle.

    Take good care of yourself with that cold and rest lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are doing so well with your cross stitch!!! Hope the cold goes soon and you can return to being magnificent!!!! Although quietly fabulous is still pretty good!! Good to see you are able to eat a little more. Yay for Jon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing progress Jacquie. It looks great. Glad your doing a little better with your eating.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely progress on your new start and I just love those tartan scissors. Hope your health improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All looks lovely. Tell me sweetie why you can't eat? Did I missed something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I sent you a message, it was easier to do.
      Smiles :)

      Delete
  6. What great stitching - you're really a-fire, aren't you? I hope you're cold behaves and wanders off into the stratosphere soon.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've stitched so much already! How are you getting on with the silks? I've always been put off by the price.
    I like your quietly fabulous cartoon - I'd be happy to achieve just that most weeks!
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe I forgot to mention about the silks! Oh they are wonderful!! Learning every minute using them! Cutting off smaller lengths now! Ha ha learnt the hard way, they tangle and omg! Cannot untangle! The hardest part is threading a strand, cannot wet the end to make it easier... I forget why! But yes, I am loving using them... I was previously put off using them because I thought only professionals used them. Seriously that is what I thought. And I thought yes a bigger expense, and what if I paid all that out and did not like using them!? I wish some companies did trial packs! Luckily I used my Christmas money to buy the sampler and silk threads so was over the moon at that! I really like how shiny they look on the linen and they are so much softer too. Thinking back now, I have no idea as to why I was so scared of using them!
      On with the stitching!
      Smiles :)

      Delete
  8. sorry about the cold ... lovely progress you are making and silks are wonderful to work with aren't they ... had a giggle at the dog cartoon ... love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! You are eating so much better Jacquie. And look at you go with your fancy silks. ;) I am sorry about the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you eating again, sorry to see you having a cold! Happy to see your new stitching, I can't stop wondering how you (and thousands of others) can stitch on evenweave fabric and of such high count!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see you enjoying some more varied food again. Little and often is the key.
    The Beehive looks wonderful, bees do seem to be a theme this year! Have you seen this month's Cross Stitch Collection?

    And you will never be a good publicist for Han if you don't link to her page LOL Off to take a lookey now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're feeling better real soon and I'm glad you're able to eat again. You've made a lot of progress on your stitchy project since Friday. Nice stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great I'm glad you're finding foods! I hope you get better soon although I'm curious how you got sick if you haven't left the house in a while. Lol you can blame Han for bringing it in ;). Im really curious where nylon toast came from lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I did probably make her sick again ha and nylontoast is just two random words really, I thought they sounded cool together and it wasn't already taken so why not! :)

      Delete
  14. I love the part of eating with Broccoli, carrot, courgette, green pepper and white rice. :) Wonderful warm stitch, it touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress, you have been busy. Hope you are soon feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)