Friday 6 May 2016

Out and about...



Hello happy smiley friends ๐Ÿ˜Š

As I mentioned in a previous post it was soon to be Hans birthday I neglected to say it was also Caterinas (Kevin's) birthday too soon! Hans is on the 12 May and Kevin's is on the 29 May! So I asked them both if I could take them out for dinner as a treat... Well they both jumped at that! And I asked where would you like to eat? Thinking maybe Wagamamas or Nandos as they both love eating there. They both love sushi so we went to Yo! sushi, our nearest one is in Brighton so that's where we went!! 


Now sushi is not something I usually eat, especially with all my eating issues right now! But Han was very pleased with me as I did try everything, well almost! Here are some photos from our meal...

This is Hans favourite ... Chicken...

Lol another of Hans favourite! Crispy salmon....

Both Hans and Kevin thought I would like this, it's plain rice and cucumber...

Erm...nope! I really did not like the texture of the seaweed around the outside.  But it was alright, han and Kevin ate it! 

His is one of Kevin's favourites, she LOVES salmon!

Both hand and Kevin LOVE these as they are covered in teriyaki sauce..

I tried these noodles, really nice, just veg naturally!

I LOVED this little salad, really tasty.

Looks too good to eat! Art on a plate! Han and Kevin liked this!

Han liked this...

Kevin liked this...

Hans favourite, popcorn prawns....

I tried this, it's Apple inside and the sauce is Carmel....mmmmm

Took some home for jon!! 

Han tried this desert... Green tea cake...


I looked in the menu and saw this!! Dorayaki!! Just tickled me as I am known as Dora! Ha ha


And Kevin tried this cake... Yes the Dorayaki! 

All the empties!! Ha ha this is part of the fun eating here! Stacking up all the different coloured plates! Each coloured plate holds a different price, the waitress then counts all the plates and compiles the bill! Rather fun!

That was fun! And tasty! Mmmm

On the way back Han snapped a few photos as we drove... 

It's Brighton pier... On the move! Lol



The old Victorian pier.... Not much left of it now!


This apparently will be (it's still under construction) a very high tower that gives a 360 view of Brighton when complete.  Don't think I will be going up it! 

So that was our little adventure to the sushi restaurant! They loved it, that's the main thing! 

Han has been drawing again and I said I would show some of her pictures I as really love them...

I LOVE this LOTS!...


A few more....




If you are not aware Han has an Instagram page where she puts all her pictures... Feel free to take a look, she would love that! 

Lol a picture on her phone as I am useless! 



Then she showed me this.... It's Hans phone with one of her pictures as her screen saver! Clever!!


Ok... Some stitching??!! Yes I have been stitching! 

Here is my week 6 update....


I am thrilled with how far I have come with this gorgeous design from Hands Across The Sea Samplers.... (Link in my side bar) 
This design is called Miss Mary Ann Bournes 1791 and I LOVE IT!! 
Ok...back to the stitching!!

Thank you so much for popping in to see me ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Arrrghhhhhh!! 
Han just took a look at my blog and commented on how blurry her photos looked.... Oh dear wondered if it was me?! Something apparently wrong with using iCloud to share photos as its blurred all her photos.... Oh dear.  Not sure how to fix this.... Maybe see how it is when I do my next up date? 

Keep smiling until I next pop in! 

16 comments:

  1. What wonderful artistic photos of all the food! It certainly looks lovely regardless of how it tastes! The coloured plates is a wonderful way of tallying the bill too. Very clever.
    Beautiful work on Mary Ann, you are making great progress on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of Han's drawings, I follow her on Instagram anyway. I can't believe how many plates I saw in that photo!They must be very small right?AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jacquie, you had a wonderful trip and delicious food! It all looks yummy :-)
    Great progress sampler!
    I wish you a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meal out looked delicious - and fun! What better for a celebration. Excellent progress on the sampler - it really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sushi and those types of places are fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time and that you could eat some of it without getting sick. Hans pictures look lovely they don't look blurry to me at all (but I'm reading this through my iPhone). Your stitching looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place to go for dinner, not sure I would attempt to eat all those things but it sure looked interesting....I am sure there was a lot of laughing going on!! Great idea to stack the plates! Love the glimpses of Brighton.Your stitching is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a great day!
    Could be a good way to celebrate my son's birthday, he turns 16 on May 15 and he loves sushi... so I may copy your idea!
    Your progress with the stitching project are great, congrats!
    Have a nice weekend :-)
    R

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful day. I'm impressed you tried all that sushi. It's not my thing....and what great progress on your stitching.
    Hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the dishes you chose look like what I would choose. Madeleine's best friend shares sushi with her. She INSISTED I try the PLAIN rice, carrot and seaweed one. Yuck! ACK! I agree, that seaweed is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of lovely looking food that was consumed by the birthday folks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a fun day out! Your sampler is so beautiful Jackie!
    Love it! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had a fun time and I love the sampler too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sampler looks fantastic ,you have done agreat job with it !

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems like you had a wonderful meal and good time together at Yo Sushi. Happy birthday to Han and Kevin. Love your sampler and so impressed with how fast you are stitching it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Green cake impressed me the most :) It looks a little weird, but urge to try. Your garden stitch suits just right for summer.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)