Monday 26 December 2016

I finally did it!!




Ha ha love anything sheepy...




Yes, Christmas Eve was our anniversary..... The years are flying by.  For some it may not seem long, but this year is our 7th year of marriage. I actually met jon in 2007 and that is shocking too as next year it's 10 years ago!! Wow! We had a lovely evening, we went out for a meal with my parents, Han and Kevin too.  I was really nice to go out, I did manage to eat some things as the kitchen where we are we're really accommodating with my allergies.

Jon bought me the most amazingly useful present ever!! Go jon!! Something I never thought I would ever be able to do! Crotchet!! Yes, jon bout me a set of crotchet hooks... But let me tell you they are great! See they have a flat bit in the middle of the hook where you hold it..makes things so much easier for me! I had the all round ones and was struggling with them.  I took 2 days off stitching, so Christmas Day and Boxing Day I tried out my new crotchet hooks! If you look closely you will see my favoured hook.. The size has been rubbed off! Ha ha 


Han suggested I looked on YouTube as no one in our family knows how to crotchet... I found a really lovely person sharing her love of crotchet.

HERE is the link to Bella Coco YouTube I have been using to learn how to crochet.... I have looked at quite a few on YouTube previously but never found one I could follow easily.  I came across Bella Coco and watched a few posts and then tried to crotchet along with her...it was like a light bulb going off! Finally everything looked like I could actually do this!!!

Here is what I have been trying out.... I started with cirlcles.


Got a little more adventurous... They are by no means perfect in any way, but omg!  Compared to my last attempt these are amazing!! 


Then this!! It's actually easier than I thought! 


I got really adventurous now.... ❤️




Then I decided I should add some colours...


Here is where I am now! I am getting the hag of these squares! For so long wanting to crotchet them but never could.....I can't stop now! Ha ha 

Han, Kevin and jon think it's brilliant...I keep showing them with a massive grin and they keep encouraging me to make more!! 

I have to show you all the other rather adorable anniversary present jon gave me.... Of course it's Radley! It's all he ever buys me! Ha ha I love the saying on it...


I must be his little ray of sunshine....you think? 

Must show you all this rather special package that arrived...all the way from Australia...from my dear friend Sue (kiwi kid).  Thank you so much Sue!! Just what we needed for our tree!! The Christmas card made us all smile here too! Your very kind, thank you again. 😊


I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and I hope πŸŽ…πŸ» Santa πŸŽ…πŸ» brought you everything you wanted with lots of surprises? We all spent Christmas Day and Boxing Day round my parents house.  They were two fun happy filled days.

My parents home turned into a bit of a mess with all of us around there... Naturally I took a photo...as evidence! 


Haha the flash went off! Poor jon! 


Han and I messing about with the snapchat app.. It's so funny...



This is my favourite one....


A few other silly ones....





We all had a fantabulous Christmas full of lots of laughter and smiles....I hope you all had a happy one too 😊

I will go now but will pop in again before or on new year....

Until then....keep smiling 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

13 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! All the best dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A terrific couple of days and a belated Happy Anniversary! Well done with the crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, my dear and I love your Snapchat photos - Happy belated anniversary, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed yourself! I love crochet artists. I learnt a bit and have made a couple of amigurumi things but then stopped!I will have to look at the link and maybe start again!Have a great holiday!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you both! Congratulations on accomplishing so very many things in crochet Jacquie! You will do so many things now! :D Those are great pictures! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Happy Anniversary. It looks and sounds like you had a marvelous Christmas.....thank yo for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary, I like the crochet hooks maybe I will try and crochet someday.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary!! A bit late but well meant!! So good to read you had a wonderful Christmas, love the snap chat photos! I think you do a great reindeer!! Hope Jon doesn't have spots in front of his eyes still from the flash!!best wishes for a very happy New Year to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary wishes to you both.
    Well done on mastering the crochet, they looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, and Happy New Year! Your crochet looks wonderful. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always Jacquie, I so enjoyed your post. Always a happy and upbeat place to visit. Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas filled with family and blessings. Happy Anniversary to you both. May the new year be filled with love and blessings. LindaLee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I love all of the photos! Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking back can be good for us... it reminds us to keeping going forwards towards the light at the end of the tunnel!

    ผΰΈ₯บอΰΈ₯

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful that you have popped in to visit me.
Thank You so much for taking time to leave a comment.
Smiles :)